it was inevitable....my mother is a cook ( i would say chef ) and i've always loved what she served us and she has always taken great care in providing us with healthy & delicious meals. i was inspired to do the same for my family & i hope my daughters do the same for theirs. i feel bad when i hear about young ladies getting married & not knowing how to cook anything but boxed mac & cheese. actually, last week was the first time that i made baked ziti & i've been married almost 10 years. i know some people make it once a week (which is fine if that's what they want to keep doing, but for those who are looking for a change, I thought I'd give some inspiration). and so, i have started a food blog to help get some creative juices flowing.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

menu this week



Saturday
broiled flounder
roasted asparagus
roasted sweet potatoes
homemade rolls

Sunday
grilled chicken
mushroom risotto
roasted brussel sprouts
homemade rolls

monday~
spaghetti squash
homemade sauce &
topped w/ ricotta & romano
sauted baby zucchini

tuesday~
pumpkin pasta (pasta by deb)
w/ alfredo sauce
chicken breast

wednesday~
butternut squash soup
garden salad
naan


thursday~
turkey burgers w/ avocado
corn on the cob ( i froze )
spinach salad


friday~
ny strip steak w/ balsamic glaze
caramelized onions
garlic mashed cauliflower
fresh green beans


2 comments:

  1. doing my best not to deviate from the menu :) i'm failing a little

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this menu Jules I am going to try it out . Very healthy and good. thanks so much for blogging I love it .

    ReplyDelete