it was inevitable....my mother is a cook ( i would say chef ) and i've always loved what she served us and she has always taken great care in providing us with healthy & delicious meals. i was inspired to do the same for my family & i hope my daughters do the same for theirs. i feel bad when i hear about young ladies getting married & not knowing how to cook anything but boxed mac & cheese. actually, last week was the first time that i made baked ziti & i've been married almost 10 years. i know some people make it once a week (which is fine if that's what they want to keep doing, but for those who are looking for a change, I thought I'd give some inspiration). and so, i have started a food blog to help get some creative juices flowing.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

chicken w/ creamy wine sauce



slice 2 shallots, 2 garlic cloves, baby zucchini, mushrooms & cherry tomatoes
chop 1 T. parsley & take the thyme off 1-2 sprigs

in large skillet, on medium heat, add olive oil & saute the shallots & garlic (do not burn)
& then add zucchini and cook for several minutes
add mushrooms once zucchini starts to soften, olive oil as needed
when mushrooms are starting to cook , add the tomatoes.
then add parsley & thyme
add 3/4 c. white wine & turn up heat to slow boil. cook for several minutes and turn off heat.

in a separate pan, make a roux w/ 2 T butter & 2 T. flour (stir w/ whisk~do not burn) take off heat & add 1 cup heavy cream.
add 3/4 c. freshly grated romano cheese.
mix the cream sauce into the veggies in skillet.
add salt & freshly ground pepper

grill chicken breast on panini press or grill.
let rest for several minutes before slicing (this will keep it from being dry)

place over favorite pasta (pasta by deb) i used spelt.
garnish w/ romano cheese & add the sliced chicken

1 comment:

  1. Aww Julie this is an awesome idea for a blog! Wedding present for all new wives :) I have to say-I'm having a hard time mastering the concept of cooking for just 2 people-I'm used to cooking with my mom for my family!! Needless to say we have plenty of leftovers that I've either 1-had to become creative or 2-learned to freeze it!

    ReplyDelete